GAMIC Mini Weather Radar (Solid State – Dual Polarization)
GMWR-400-SST is a cost-effective X-Band Doppler Weather Radar with GAMIC’s original designed solid-state transmitter for short range reliable operations up to 150 km, featuring dual polarization for optimal hydrometeor classifications.
The GMWR-400-SST systems employs well proven designs and component of Doppler weather radar systems, including:
- GAMIC reliable fully solid-state transmitter technology
- Fully solid state modulator and power supplies
- Integrated low noise receiver front end
- ENIGMA IV – Digital signal processor-receiver
- The GMWR-400-SST is the ONLY small transportable weather radar on the market, which provides DOPPLER wind velocity measurement function!
Low phase noise integrated receivers and the ultra-low phase noise STALO, developed by GAMIC, alloy the best possible sensitivity and coherence. Digital Doppler velocity measurement gives accurate velocity data over the entire range and optimal clutter cancelation.
Low Investment and Operating Cost
The stable, well proven design using standard ship radar components, adds up to a system with very low investment and small operating costs.
Available Options Protect Investment
Available options allow upgrading to meet future requirements, protecting today’s investment:
- TV interface and graphics system provides broadcast quality radar and weather graphics images. Images can also be sent to Internet web server.
- Hydrological analysis software provides full analysis product generation capability including volume scan products and hydro – meteorological rainfall analysis.
- Specific 1.2 splash blade antenna design
- Antenna and pedestal are typically mounted on
- a stationary tower
- a vehicle
- on self-erecting hydraulic mast
Sensitivity in Range
The graph shows the sensitivity of the GMWR-400-SST radar out to 100 km range. These sensitivity calculations assume:
- 1,2m dish antenna
- 200/200 W pulse power
- 1,8 degree (AZ x EL) antenna beam width
- 3 different pulse lengths
Proven Reliability, Low Risk of the GMWR-400-SST Family
- COTS – very low technical risk
- Solid state transceiver technology – low maintenance, cost effective, modern concept
- Solid state modulator – reliable, no thyratrons to replace
- Virtually maintenance free pedestal – Long life DC servo motors, low mass antenna
- Integrated front end receiver – minimizes complex setup and calibration adjustments
- DOPPLER digital receiver – provides wind measurement and clutter suppression
- Digital signal processor – more accurate velocity data for superior ground clutter rejection
- Available options – assure ability to meet future needs, protecting todays investment
The GMWR-400-SST Radar Project is funded by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWI) as part of the Central Innovation Programme for SMEs (ZIM) on the basis of a resolution of the German Bundestag.